Garden Pasta Salad
Pasta is one of the most cooked foods in the entire world. Why is that? Well, there are a lot of pasta varieties, and you can pretty much add whatever it is that you want! Since we are advocating good health and wellbeing, we’re going to take a look at a very hearty, yet simple and healthy dish you can do in just a couple of minutes.
Preparing a Healthy Garden Pasta Salad
Today, I am going to share with you the recipe for a healthy Garden Pasta Salad. This pasta dish gets most of its flavor from Basil and Kalamata Olives. Kalamata Olives, also commonly known as Black olives, not only have a high sodium content, but it also has a variety of antioxidants as well.
If you’re into processed foods, you know that your body gets a lot of unwanted free radicals from them. Eating a generous amount of Kalamata Olives will help you eradicate free radicals, and at the same time, make you healthier than ever before.
Not only that, but this Garden Pasta salad also has a lot of nice vegetables added into the mix such as Tomatoes, carrots, and bell peppers.
Are you ready to cook this very nutritious and delicious Garden Pasta Salad dish? Let’s get on with the ingredients.
Ingredients Garden Pasta Salad Dish
- 2 cups whole-wheat rotini, (6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced yellow or red bell pepper, (1 small)
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2-4 carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, (4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup slivered fresh basil
Instructions to Follow
- Get a large pot and lightly salt the water by adding a few pinches of salt. Cook pasta until tender, which takes roughly 8-10 minutes or according to the package directions. Drain and let it run with Cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Next, whisk the Mayonnaise, Vinegar (or lemon juice), Yogurt Oil, salt and pepper, and garlic into a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat. Add bell pepper, scallions, carrots, tomatoes, basil and olives and toss it around until everything is well coated.
- Serve and Enjoy!
And that is pretty much it! You can enjoy the Garden Pasta Salad for two days. Just make sure you put it in a container and refrigerate it for the next day.
A lot of people have tried this healthy pasta dish. Here are just some of their reviews:
Rachel: “This Garden Pasta salad recipe is the perfect dish I need to complement my diet plan. I cook this at least once a month and even my husband is loving it. This is also very easy to prepare as well, and after eating some of it on the first try, I just can’t forget this dish because it is so amazingly tasty!”
Pia: “I just love pasta dishes, and this Garden Pasta Salad recipe is one of my all-time favorites. The one who made this dish is an absolute genius because it is not only easy to do, but it is packed with vitamins and minerals as well.”
The Garden Pasta Salad is one of the healthiest pasta dishes you can cook for you and your family. If you want to eat clean and healthy dishes, this is a very good dish to cook.
The pasta salad is italian recipe and it is fantastic. But, I prefer the italian olives. 😉